Monday, September 24, 2007

Hi

If you don't know what Wikipedia is, start using the Internet. Oh, you are using the Internet. Then you know that Wikipedia is a massive online encyclopedia created by people with nothing better to do. I'm one of those people, and I've chipped in ten-thousand-something "edits" to Wikipedia (abbreviated WP when I get lazy, which is most of the time). Those edits range from spelling corrections to genuine content contributions. You can look at my WP user page here. This may help you decide how genuine my content contributions have been.

I use my real name on WP to keep myself from mouthing off too nastily. Wikipedia has all sorts of rules about civility and assuming good faith and not picking your nose. So if you attack other editors too obviously, you can get blocked, banned and executed. But this blog is different because I make the rules here. So I can mouth off all I want about WP without getting blocked, etc. Let's get started.

No comments: